Municipal Court

Plymouth Municipal Court

Presiding Judge: Matthew P. Mooney
Court Clerk: Nicole Maurer
Deputy Clerk: Terese Shaw
City Attorney: Crystal Fieber (Hopp, Neumann & Humke LLP)

The Plymouth Municipal Court has Jurisdiction over traffic and non-traffic ordinance violations in the City of Plymouth

Times and Location:
Third Tuesday of the month
Adult Court: 6:00 p.m.
Juvenile Court: 6:30 p.m.

Plymouth Municipal Court is Located at:
Plymouth City Hall
128 Smith St., room 302
Plymouth, WI 53073

Contact the Municipal Court Clerk at 920-893-1271, extension 3740, or look at the FAQ’s below to get a quick answer to your question.

Frequently asked Questions


**The staff of the Plymouth Police Department and Plymouth Municipal Court are not attorneys and cannot advise you on legal matters.  See an attorney for any legal advice.

I just want to pay my fine: What should I do?

If your citation does not indicate a mandatory appearance for court, you do not have to appear if you send the deposit amount as shown on your citation prior to your court date.

Deposits may be made in person at the:

Plymouth Police Department
128 Smith St. P.O. Box 218
Plymouth WI
(Monday – Friday 7am-5pm)
Clerk of Courts Clerk’s Office
Room 204 inside City Hall
128 Smith Street, Plymouth, WI
(Monday – Friday,  11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m)

Mailed to:

City of Plymouth Municipal Court
128 Smith St., P.O. Box 218
Plymouth, WI 53073
(Make checks payable to Plymouth Municipal Court)

Online through Gov Pay: Click Here


To insure proper handling, please include your citation and the court date with a check or money order payable to: City of Plymouth, Municipal Court. Cash is accepted if you pay in person at the Plymouth Police Department or in Room 204 Plymouth City Hall during the hours listed above.

I wish to plead NOT GUILTY by mail:  How do I do this?

You do not need to appear in court if you wish to plead “NOT GUILTY.”  You are required to write a letter to the Municipal Court Clerk, City of Plymouth.   State in the letter that you are pleading not guilty.  Also include the offense, the date you are scheduled to appear, the ticket number, your current mailing address, and your phone number.  The letter must be received at least three business days prior to your assigned court date.  Please mail the letter to::

Municipal Court Clerk, City of Plymouth
P.O. Box 218
Plymouth, WI 53073

You will not hear from the court until after the court date on your citation.  At that time you will be mailed a notice for a pretrial conference with the City Attorney.

What is a Pretrial conference?

It is a meeting where you sit down with the City Attorney and try to resolve the matter. If you are unable to reach an agreement, the matter will be scheduled for trial.

What will happen when I appear in court on the date of my citation?

The date on your citation is the date of your initial appearance.  An initial appearance is not a trial date.  If you plead guilty, you are admitting that you committed the offense, and if the arrest report contains the necessary elements, you will be found guilty and a penalty will be imposed.  If you plead no contest, you are neither pleading guilty nor not guilty, but merely want to have the mater resolved and pay the penalty.  The effect of this plea is that the court will find you guilty and the matter will be resolved at the initial appearance.  You, however, will not be admitting civil liability for use in other litigation, which should be expected where personal injury or property damage is involved.  If you plead not guilty, your case will be scheduled for a pre-trial conference.

PLEASE NOTE:   If you do not appear or enter a plea in writing before the court date on your citation, the court will find you guilty, impose the fine, and allow 60 days for payment of the fine.  If you fail to pay the judgment imposed, your driving privileges will be suspended for two (2) years.  You should assume additional costs for reinstatement of your license.  It is your responsibility to contact the court before the return date listed on your citation.  If you have any questions, please contact the municipal court clerk.

What happens if I do not pay my fine?

One or more of the following will happen.

A warrant may be issued for your arrest.
Your driver’s license will be suspended for failure to pay.
Your wages will be garnished and additional fees including interest will be applied.
A tax refund intercept will be applied through the Department of Revenue and additional fee’s could apply.

What if I receive a citation for circuit court?

If you have received a citation to appear in a Sheboygan County Circuit Court follow this link for information from the County of Sheboygan.